In 2018, our dojo will be simultaneously training new karate athletes for sport competition and preparing six athletes to compete in Scotland at the WUKF world championships! Get stronger in mind and body through NCAAU Karate League competitions.
Introduction to Karate in the Tokyo 2020 Games by the Internationnal Olympic Committee [article]
Beyond dreams of the Olympics, there are many benefits of sport karate.
- Training karate intensely with coaches and mentors improves speed, agility, endurance, and mental fortitude. Elite athletes learn to do sustained hard work, follow directions, take constructive criticism, figure out their own and other opponents' weaknesses, and perform under stress in ALL aspects of life. The team environment is fun, supportive, and unified.
- Training season will be Jan. 29 - June 30, 2018. Please ask instructors about "Team Training." Team training usually adds 2 extra classes a week to your normal schedule. Kata training is Tuesday night, conditioning and kumite training are Friday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Each competition provides valuable experience in demonstrating your karate skills and competitive edge, exposes you to AAU rules, and forms new friendships!
- Road to the 2018 AAU National Championships: You need to qualify at only one event below but you will want to gain additional experience competing against new opponents and under pressure.
- March 3, 2018 | Mooresville, NC | AAU Karate NC State Championships & National Qualifier
- April 14, 2018 | Richmond, VA | AAU Karate VA State Championships & National Qualifier
- April ?, 2018 | Columbia, SC | AAU Karate SC State Championships & National Qualifier
- May 5, 2018 | Raleigh, NC | Southeast US SuperRegional Championships & National Qualifier
National level competitions
- Our dojo will send all team members to the AAU Karate National Championships in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on June 26-30, 2018.
- Advanced/Black belt athletes will also be invited to compete at the AAU Junior Olympic Games in Des Moines, Iowa, (karate portion is Aug. 3-4, 2018.